Oh wow, these Strawberry Chia Seed Puddings are definitely the best.
When it comes to healthy and delicious desserts, few things can beat a homemade strawberry chia puddings. This recipe is super easy to make, and only requires a few ingredients.
Plus, it’s perfect for those hot summer days when you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to bake.
Low sugar and only adding a couple of tablespoons of maple syrup makes this a lovely and refreshing dessert.
Ingredients in Strawberry Chia Puddings
- Chia Seeds – the wonder ingredient binding everything together – Chia seeds are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, and strawberries are a great source of Vitamin C.
- Coconut Milk – a creamy slightly heavier option instead of almond milk.
- Maple Syrup – a nice change to refined sugar or use the sweetener of your choice
- Strawberries – red, ripe and low in calories The sweeter and fragrant the better
- Vanilla – just a couple of teaspoons to give this a gorgeous vanillary hint.
Tips for making the perfect chia puddings
1. For the perfect pudding, start with fresh strawberries. Wash them thoroughly and slice them into small pieces. Add the strawberries to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Add the milk, vanilla and maple syrup and mix till combined. Add the chia seeds and allow to sit for 5 minutes
3. Pour the mixture into individual serving cups or bowls and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
4. To serve, top with fresh berries or other desired toppings like a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
Why won’t my chia puddings set?
Sometimes chia puddings don’t set properly, leaving a runny mess. There are a few reasons why this may happen:
1) The ratio of chia seeds to liquid is incoreect. When making chia pudding, it’s important to use the correct ratio of chia seeds to liquid. For every 1 cup of liquid, you’ll need 3 tablespoons of chia seeds.
2) The chia seeds were not soaked long enough. Before adding the chia seeds to the liquid, they need to be soaked for at least 30 minutes. This will help them absorb the liquid and expand, resulting in a thicker pudding.
3) The pudding was not refrigerated long enough.
It’s taken a while to perfect the chia pudding mystery but think we’ve nailed this one for sure. They would either be too runny or go the total opposite and become like concrete.
Strawberry Chia Seed Puddings Recipe
This vegan strawberry chia seed pudding is the best we've found. Lightly sweetened with maple syrup and mixed with fresh strawberries makes for a yummy and non dairy dessert that all will love.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 can coconut milk 400 gms
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- ¼ cup chia seeds
In a food processor pop in the strawberries and blitz till smooth.
Add the coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla and mix altogether.
Pour the mixture into a medium sized bowl and mix in the chia seeds. Let it sit for 5 minutes and spoon into the dessert jars of your choice. Makes around 4 smaller sized puddings.
Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight is even better.
Serve topped with fresh strawberries, blueberries, a splosh of maple syrup or anything you fancy.
Strawberry Chia Seed Puddings are so simple and easy to make.
Chia puddings are an easy, healthy dessert that can be made in minutes. All you need is a few ingredients and a jar or container to store the pudding in.
- First, all you need is a few simple ingredients like chia seeds, milk, and sweetener.
- Second, they can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- Third, they are a healthy dessert option that is low in sugar and calories.
If you are looking for an easy, healthy dessert option, chia pudding is a great choice. With only a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a delicious pudding that will satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your diet.
If you want to try our 4 Ingredient Chia Pudding without fruit you can try it here.
As an alternative you can use half a cup of fresh strawberries and blend them up to create a fresh fruity crush. Mix them up in between the pudding if you rather. Creates a fresher taste and with a little tartness. I personally love using a little bit of maple syrup on the top to give a little hint of sweetness.
Chia Seed Puddings can be as varied as you would like. Try changing it up with Blueberries, raspberries or even mango’s. We’d love to hear from you and if you have any recipes please feel free to upload them on Instagram or on our Facebook page too. We love sharing the foodie love.
Need some help finding yummy and healthy dinner Ideas?
Download our Free 7 Easy & Tasty Dinner Recopies eBook. We’ve also popped in our Salad Dressings book to help you make the simplest but tasty dressings from ingredients you’ll already have in your cupboard.