These quick One Bowl Banana Muffins are super easy and a low sugar snack and all done in your food processor. If you like cooking with almond meal and maple syrup, then this semi sweet muffin is a healthy option for an afternoon tea pick me up.
One Bowl Banana Muffins Recipe
One Bowl Banana Muffins
A "One Bowl" muffin mix you can do in your food processor. A quick to make and bake winner.
- 3 largish ripe Bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1 teaspoon bicarb or baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup soft brown sugar
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup SR flour
- ¼ choc chips if you like optional
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees Celsius and pop some muffin cases into a muffin tray. Around 9-10.
- In your food processor add the bananas, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder, salt, maple syrup and sugar. Process the ingredients till smooth. Shouldn’t take more than 20 – 30 seconds. If it’s still lumpy keep processing.
- Add the flour, almond flour and process again till just combined.
- Pop into a large bowl and add the chocolate chips if you like at this stage.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. If it’s easier take the cases into the palm of your hand and fill, then pop into the muffing tray.
- Cook for 10-15 mins or until firm-ish and when a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
So now all that's left to do is bung on the kettle, make a nice cup of tea or coffee and enjoy while they're still warm. (Greg came home and snatched one already, he reckoned they were pretty good).
For more of our recipes you can grab our free 7 Tasty and Easy Dinners and our Salad Dressing recipe eBook here.