This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup is super easy and can be prepped the night before. Pumpkin Soup is an all time winner meal that can be eaten both for lunch and dinner in the cooler months for a hearty meal.
Not to mention the fact that pumpkin is packed full of nutrients and vitamins, the top one being Vitamin A. So this is another great reason to get some pumpkin into your diet.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin Soup is family favourite and can be made with ingredients you usually have on hand at home. If you don't have a crock pot then this recipe can be cooked on the stove top quite quickly as well.
- 1.5 kg Pumpkin chopped with skin and seeds removed
- 3 rashers bacon
- 1 largish onion
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1.5 litres of vegetable or chicken stock
- Chop the bacon and onion roughly and pop into fry pan and cook till lightly browned. Place into the slow cooker.
- Add the stock, pumpkin, tomatoes, carrot and bacon and onion mix.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When slightly cooled, use a stick blender to puree till as smooth as you like.
- Serve on its own or with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkles with chives or parsley.
- Freeze the leftovers if you like. (or if there’s any left)!
- To make this recipe vegan use vegetable stock and omit the sour cream.
- You can also make this recipe on the stove top and cook until all the veggies are tender.
Yummy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
This is a great meal option when yoou have been given a pumpkin and not sure what to do with it. You can only eat so much pumpkin so why not make delicious pumpkin soup in youir slow cooker.
So easy to prep the night before going off to bed. Just cut up your ingredients and place in the fridge overnight, then before going off to work in the morning, quickly fry up the bacon and onion (I cheat some times and do it in the microwave) then place all ingredients in your crock pot and “voila” dinner is ready when you get home.
Don’t forget to hit it with your stick blender to make it a nice, smooth and creamy consistency. Have you tried our Slow Cooker Vege & Barley Soup over here yet?