This easy cashew and basil dip is a delicious, creamy, and flavorful that is perfect for any occasion. It’s made with simple ingredients like cashews, basil, lemon juice, and olive oil.
The combination of these ingredients creates a unique flavor that will tantalize your taste buds. This dip can be served with chips or vegetables as an appetizer or snack. So easy to make, and super delicious that your guests will be begging for more.
With Summer here in Australia and the garden full of fresh basil, it makes creating a healthy, fun and (very green) dip easily at anytime. If your garden is overflowing with basil you may also like our quick basil pesto recipe.
Basil – This gorgeous herb makes the dip a vibrant green colour.
Vinegar – white wine or rice vinegar adds a little extra zing. If you don’t like it too tangy opt for the rice vinegar.
Cashews – Cashews are high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats, making them a nutritious addition to this dip.
Lemon juice – Lemon juice can help to cut through some of the creaminess of the dip and make it more refreshing. It also adds a nice zing that pairs well with the other ingredients.
Olive oil – It adds a subtle flavor and helps to bring out the nutty taste of the cashews.
Salt – a little seasoning to top it all off.
Garlic – optional and totally up to you. Raw garlic can be quite pungent so a little clove will go a long way.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems.
- Add the basil, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, parmesan and olive oil to the food processor and blitz in small bursts to you get the right chunky consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Easy Cashew and Basil Dip Recipe
A simple vibrant and quick dip you can make using fresh basil, a little parmesan and chunky cashews.
- 2 bunches fresh basil leaves around 40 gms or 2 small bunches
- 50 gms grated parmesan cheese
- 100 gms cashews
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 80 ml olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Strip the leaves from the basil stalks and pop into a food processor.
Add the remaining ingredients and blitz in short bursts to create a chunky consistency.
Spoon into a bowl and serve with your favourite cracker's and crudities.
Store covered in the fridge until ready to use. Allow to stand at room temperature for around 20 minutes prior to serving
Feel free to add a little garlic if you like. Raw garlic is strong and can leave an aftertaste that is quite pungent so only a small clove is needed.
How to serve your basil and cashew dip
1. Place the dip in a bowl and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
2. Serve with chips, crackers, or fresh crunchy vegetables of your choice like radish, carrot and celery sticks.
3. Scoop onto pita breads toasted in the oven with olive oil and a sprinkling of salt.
Variations -Why not try something different?
Add coriander, pine nuts and a bit of lime juice, you can create an even more flavorful dip that will be sure to tantalize your taste buds!
Add some fresh parsley or rocket as a variation.
When it comes to storing your Easy Cashew and Basil Dip, the best way to do so is in an airtight container. This will help keep the dip fresh and flavorful for up to a week.