With Summer heading our way, this nice light and tangy salad is a meal in itself, or have as a side. The dressing can be used on just about anything your heart desires and you can modify it to suit your taste buds a bit too.
Take out the Sour Cream and add a bit more Yoghurt if you like, put a bit more or less lime/lemon juice or modify the honey. Your taste buds are your best friend.
We’d love to see your creations so feel free to share them on our Facebook page. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Chicken Avocado Salad
Super yummy Greek Salad with chicken, avocado, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, fetta cheese, red onion and a delicious creamy dressing which is quick to prepare and tastes soooo good. You can trick it up with just about anything that tickles your fancy too.
- 2-4 cups sliced cooked chicken.
- 1 avocado sliced.
- 1/2 red onion sliced.
- 1/2 cup olives Kalamatas or Green sliced in half.
- 1/2 to 1 cup sun dried tomatoes drained.
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts.
- 1/3 cup olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons low fat plain Greek yogurt.
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream.
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste.
- 1 clove garlic crushed.
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or fresh if you have it.
- 1/2 teaspoon honey.
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar.
- juice of 1/2 lime or lemon.
In a jar or bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk until well blended and set aside.
In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients. Pour dressing over the top, then toss well to combine. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.