This hearty Cauliflower Rice Salad with Turmeric Vinaigrette Dressing is a bit of a flavour bomb. It can be made in your food processor or using a hand grater. If you have a Thermomix than all can be chopped quick and easy in that too.
For this salad the method below is using the food processor and hand grater to make it easier.
Cauliflower Rice Salad with Turmeric Vinaigrette Dressing
A hearty salad full of flavour. With a homemade turmeric dressing this one is a winner with a Summertime barbeque.
- 1/2 large cauliflower blitzed coarsely in a food processor
- 1 carrot grated
- ½ red capsicum finely diced
- 1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley finely diced
- 2 shallots finely sliced
- 1/3 cup pepitas lightly toasted
- 2 stalks of celery finely diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp of runny honey
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Lightly toast the pepitas in a frying pan.
- Mix the coarsely blitzed cauliflower, diced capsicum, parsley shallots and celery into a largish bowl.
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a medium sized jar and shake till combined.
- Pour over the salad and toss. Mix in the pepitas and enjoy!
- This is a hearty salad full of flavor and easy enough to whip up for a barbeque. Can be served on thinly sliced barbeque meat on a Roti topped off with Cauliflower Rice Salad with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
To make this salad vegan replace the honey with a vegan sweetener of your choice.
The Turmeric Dressing is very colourful and tastier than I thought it would be. Bright yellow makes it a great dressing that you could also use on many other of your fave salads. For the Cauliflower Rice Salad you may only need to use half the quantity of the Turmeric Vinaigrette Dressing..
Store the rest of the dressing in the fridge for a couple of days and use on whatever you like.
I couldn’t believe how simple it was to make. All the ingredients I had at home and popped into a jar to shake and mix. Definitely very yellow from the turmeric powder, so be aware if you have white bench tops!!
When mixing the honey make sure it’s of runny consistency. If it’s not you can pop it into the microwave for 10 seconds before pouring into the jar.
If you would love 6 more of our fave salad recipes you can grab our free 7 Simple Salad Dressings here for free.